Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11 months.......and WALKING!


This is what we call the "Witten face" so sweet and innocent.....but
sometimes he can try to use it to get himself out of  a sticky situation
Our little bugga bug has been taking steps for a while now. Mostly it was one or two with a big leeeeean toward the person or thing he was trying to reach. He was definitely not interested in learning to balance and would only use walking if it was more convenient than getting down to crawl. So, I thought it'd be a week or two before we saw anything else. I really thought he'd probably still be crawling at his birthday party. But, of course, they always catch me off guard. Yesterday I saw him being a little more daring than usual. Taking some steps without being noticed (usually he waits for our applause) and letting go to walk into the middle of a room (that's brave!). Then around bedtime I saw him take 2 or 3 steps, pause to catch his balance, and then take a few more to reach where he was going. Yay! Daddy got home shortly after and we had a lot of fun letting him walk back and forth between us. Tytus also wanted to be apart of the celebration so we asked if he wanted Witten to walk to him. He gave a confident, "Yes!"and I think that was Witten's shining moment. He loves, loves, loves being more like his brother! You could tell he was so proud of himself.



He's also babbling a lot and having "conversations" using his expressions and pointing his finger. He's a silly guy, and I really think he has a sense of humor already. It's fun to ask him where something is and see if he either points to it or goes crawling to get it. Without fail, though, his face changes to the "Witten face" when you ask him where it is. He's still loving cleaning up and putting lids on any container he can find. One of his new favorite places at our house is in the sandbox. He'll crawl in himself and pick up a shovel to start "digging" or drive a few cars around like his brother. He feels pretty special to be outside with Tytus while I'm making dinner. I'll pull the screen on our door down so I can hear them, and they'll just play and talk while I have the kitchen to myself for a little bit. It's easily their favorite thing to do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment