Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Understanding Their Little Minds




Tytus:
"Mommy, my baby is crying. I need to go get it. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Wait, Tytus, we're eating dinner."

"But it's sad. The baby got littler and littler and littler and was in my tummy. I need to go get it!" 

"Well, only girls can have babies in their tummy."

"Well, I'm the daddy. I went to work in my white car and forgot my keys. I need to go get baby, she's crying."

**baby has always been baby Witten, by the way**

"Well, let's wait until after dinner because your hands are all dirty.......Wait, who's your baby?"

"It's Witten's sister."

"Oh! Really? Is it a boy or a girl baby?"

"Oh, wait, it's baby Jesus! Mommy, can I go get him after we finish our dinner?"

"Sure, that's sounds like a good idea....."

Witten:
 He's been walking longer distances around our house, and when he makes it from one room to the next without falling down he looks around proudly. Yesterday, right after we had gotten back from dropping Tytus off from school, Witten was walking around babbling while I got the laundry out to fold it. (In the car ride back home he kept mimicking the sound for 'uh oh!' and I would laugh and repeat it back.) He saw me in the living room with the laundry, so he stood himself up beside one of our kitchen chairs and started to walk over to me but fell just a few steps into it. I said "Uh oh!" and smiled at him waiting for him to repeat it back, but he just sat up and looked at me. Then he shook his head (like 'no no') and started clapping. I laughed and said "Yay!" and also started clapping too, which made him break into a big smile. Silly guy! Then he stood himself up and made it the whole distance without falling.....and even grabbed a handful of clothes out of the basket before sitting down. 

We also had some fun with friends at the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels today! Gosh, I think we could spend an entire day there and still not get to play with everything. It's so much fun! I think Tytus' favorite part was the long, twisting water table outside or maybe the grocery store inside. Witten liked everything we played with, but he especially liked pushing the grocery cart around and looking at the fish in the fish tank.



No comments:

Post a Comment