Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Rainy Days and Fun Projects

Ever since we've moved there has been a good amount of transition time. We don't have commitments we're running to on a regular basis as we're still trying to get to know friends and find what we want to do with our time during the week. It's given us the ability to have some pretty slow days that usually turn into something creative and fun! One of the first days it was really cold and rainy was, of course, a moment to go outside and play in the puddle the roof of our deck created. We had nowhere to go, so I thought "Why not?". Even if they got filthy and freezing, we could just throw everything in the washer and warm up inside together. I was FREEZING just sitting out there drinking my warm coffee and couldn't imagine how they weren't so cold! I kept asking them if they were cold or wanted to go inside and the answer was always a happy "nope!". I really think they could've played out there for hours. The jumped, splashed, went and got supplies to dump and dig, and pretended lots of different scenarios with the toys they found. It was such a fun morning!







One day this week I decided to start fixing a table we got for free. It's definitely old and needed to be glued back together in several places. I first had to take off all the wooden support boards that had been screwed in to hold it all together. I thought it would be a fun thing for the boys to help with, and they loved it! Using real tools is always a hit with them. I decided to finish unscrewing and gluing the main part of the table while Witten was napping one day, so it was just Tytus and I working together. He started taking the scrap boards I had removed and putting them together. He asked me to help hold them a certain way and he used his screwdriver to screw the screws in tight enough so it wouldn't come apart. Then we laid out some paper and got markers out to make his creation complete!
Look mom!

"It's my airplane"

finishing touches

You can see the table in the background. It's laying down so
the glue can dry to hold the boards together a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment