Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Halloween wasn't as planned out this year even though the boys are older and knew more of what to expect. I went under the assumption that with the many dress-up options we have around our house, it would be easy to just choose one to go trick-or-treating with. We knew that Ian had a work party where he was going as Darth Vader and the boys have light sabers, but as the day got closer and closer I hadn't given any kind of Star Wars costume a thought. I had no ideas and was lacking the energy to be creative enough to come up with something. The day of the party I decided I should at least try a little and go to Goodwill to see if they had something (anything!) that could possibly pass off as an Obi Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Yoda.....something. We went to one Goodwill and amazingly found a Luke Skywalker getup in exactly Tytus' size. Then I saw a jumper that could pass off as Yoda (in Witten's size) if I could make him some ears to go with it. After several attempts at the ears, they worked! Unfortunately I couldn't figure out the ears in time for the party and Witten preferred to go as a lion anyway. Fun was still had :)



 For the actual Halloween day we wanted to stick with our usual plans of handing out candy and visiting with neighbors, and we wanted to take the boys trick-or-treating if they seemed interested. Our neighbor, Nixon, went trick-or-treating with us so it was a fun first experience with our guys! Overall it was a pretty fun day and now they can dress up in character any time a light saber fight takes place. Sounds pretty good to me!
all in character (Yoda is trying not to be too intimidating)

a pretty common sight around our house



The group (unfortunately I couldn't fit into my princess Leia
costume from high school to match...a little tough when your 16 weeks pregnant)

defeated

No comments:

Post a Comment