Thursday, August 22, 2013

8 Months


You can kind of see his blue/green eyes in this one

Not feeling the greatest, but snuggles makes everything better!

Wow! Eight months! I can't believe how time is flying by with this sweet guy! The night that he turned 8 months I was reminded of how far we've come. He woke up around 11:00 really unhappy, and it took me a while to get him back to sleep. I'm so thankful that we've had consistent naps during the day and 12 hours of sleep at night since he was four months old. At first I was thinking "Man, why are you up at this time?", and then it turned into "I've tried everything, but it's not working...". He'd just gotten some pretty bad congestion that day and couldn't manage sucking his thumb and breathing at the same time, which is super frustrating for a little guy. I realized it was going to take some extra snuggling (in an upright position to help the drainage) that night, and I enjoyed every moment of it since it won't be long before these little baby moments are gone. :)

Last week I had started to get the feeling that we should lower his crib because he's mastered pulling up on pretty much anything in record time. Well, that day I walked in to get him from his nap and found him proudly standing up, facing the door, and bouncing in excitement. He started squealing right when the door opened! As we got out the tools to lower the crib, Tytus got to "help" make repairs as my side-kick handyman. They both got to crawl on the mattress while it was waiting on the floor. They are so much fun!
His brother is teaching him many things that will be repeated soon, I'm sure. Tytus loves pretending he's any kind of car/truck and racing around the house to help others in need. We are borrowing a friends' little red scooter aka the Fire Truck and both boys have taken turns riding it around the house. Tytus goes a little faster on it and has even been known to race down our hallway and turn it quickly to fling himself off of it and go sliding on the floor. Witten thought it was great to sit on it and could even touch his toes to push himself along.



*yawn* "Oh, come on, this is no big deal."


Here are some other fun things we enjoyed doing over the past month:

Watching it rain in our rocking chairs

Playing with high school friends and their babies.....my how things have changed!

Eating dinner and playing while daddy practice with his work softball team

Shopping with mommy at Target

Being a monkey at the playground

Watching his brother play and crawling around



No comments:

Post a Comment