Thursday, July 11, 2013

Creative Juices Flowing

Lately, Tytus and I have been doing some fun things together in the mornings while Witten naps. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood has become a favorite show (really the only show we watch with him so far). On several of the episodes they are playing with cars/trains/space helmets that are made out of cardboard boxes. So, one day we decided to make our own. We got out a box and some markers and went to town making the coolest police car. Then we put some cloth straps on it and were off to patrol the sidewalk outside. Good thing, too, because there were some toy cars in need of assistance that day.
Watching Daniel Tiger
Ready to go!

Trying to decide where we should patrol first.
Or really, what cars we should take with us outside.
We've also been making some letters using one of his alphabet books. First I'll let him choose a letter. Then we'll cut one out of cardboard and color it and cut another out of some foam squares we have. I think his favorite part is either matching them as we go through the book or drawing the letters in salt. I poured a small amount of salt in an empty wooden box and it acts as an etch-a-sketch. He can draw the letter in the salt and then shake the box to try it again.  He's also taken interest in those little fuzzy balls that usually come in craft kits with pipe cleaners. I had a whole bag of them from one of my education projects I did in college, so I put them into an empty container we had. I told him they would melt if we touched them with our hands and gave him a pair of long tweezers instead. We decided they were going to get on colored ships to go across the "water".
All the colored "ships" are ready to go!

The sparkly ones were going in the yellow dump truck. :)
Cow Appreciation Day!
I got creative and made some outfits so we could go grab some free dinner. I got the guys dressed and we headed to Chick-fil-a for an early dinner, and Tytus got to play in the play area for a while. It was a lot of fun! First time taking them out to eat with no other adult help, and it went great!
Cutest cows I've ever seen!

Tytus is eyeing the play area with all the crazy cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment