Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Months


Witten is such a joyful little guy! He's pretty easy going, loves to be around the action, and is ready with a big smile and squeal any time you want to talk. He's sat up some on his own but still tends to slowly lean forward until he's almost folded in half. I'll let him hold my fingers to push himself up straighter, but he's been known to push my hands away so he can sit up alone. :) Determination! Sitting up and standing up are two of his favorite ways to check out what's going on. Lately we've been out in the yard pulling up grass, digging to level our steps that make the path to the back yard, mowing, playing in the pool, etc. Since most of us are busy with our own little projects, Witten usually just hangs out on his blanket under the tree. No toys necessary....he loves watching the leaves blow and occasionally checking out what we're doing.
practicing sitting up all by himself
Witten has become incredibly predictable when it comes to napping and eating during the day. If I'm distracted or preoccupied with something he'll definitely let me know that he should be in his bed. I'll sing him a song as we shut his windows and he'll settle right in for a snooze. I love hearing him cooing in his bed when he's done napping. I usually go in to see him looking up for me, and once he spots me I get a huge smile, a little wiggle, and he hides his face so we can do it again. Silly guy!
Waking up!
Looking up at the mirror on his changing table after bath time.
 He'll just talk and talk and talk to himself.
On Mother's Day we dedicated him at our church and pray that he grows up to know Christ personally and shine such a bright light. Wit means "life" and Charles (his middle name) means "free man". When we chose his name, our prayer was that he would experience true life as a free man in Christ. Everything else falls away when you live to bring Him glory! As we dedicate him we want our closest friends and family to help keep us accountable for setting an example, showing him the way, and guiding him into God's loving arms.
Right after the dedication


No comments:

Post a Comment