Monday, May 30, 2011

Daddy Time

Right after his 2 month birthday, Tytus went for his check up at the doctor and got all his shots. Ian came with us to show Tytus how it's done. Ian has no fear of shots.....while I, on the other hand, will do anything to avoid them. I have gotten a little better though. Ian got Tytus dressed in his superman shirt and told him what was going to happen to prepare him for the big day. Good thing Ian came because I think Ty's going to take after daddy!

This was his expression as he kicked, smiled, and "talked" right after we got home from the doctor. And two tough bandaids for a tough guy!




 
Tytus has been learning a lot from daddy. When Ian gets home from work in the evening Tytus loves to watch what he's doing. He definitely knows the difference between us and loves getting to spend some guy time together. They've watched sports together, sat and talked about "guy" things, Ty's watched daddy rollerblade on our walk around the neighborhood, and watched daddy during bathtime....Tytus loves his baths! One of the most fun things to see was how Ian took Ty around one day as he did his yard work. He got to help water the yard and watch as dad made the outside of our house beautiful!



I'm also thankful for Ian. It was just a few days after Tytus got his shots at the doctor that I woke up with a fever, aches, chills.....you name it, I felt it. Ian lovingly rushed home from work to go to the doctor with us because I felt so terrible. He thought he could come help me out and continue to get some things done for work that afternoon, but little did he know that the day was about to become "the worst day of my life" (Ian's words). 

We get to the doctor and my fever has risen to 102 as they take me to the room to wait. Meanwhile Tytus is starting to wake up and get hungry. So Ian soothes him by holding him, bouncing him, giving his pacifier (because the doctor wanted me to wait until after the appointment to feed him). Tytus did really well, calmed down, and then he pooped. He pooped OUT of his diaper and onto the car seat. Ian picked him up not knowing how much he'd pooped and got it smeared down the front of his shirt. 

We're still waiting on the doctor....

 So, one of the nurses offers to watch the women's bathroom door if Ian would like to go in there to change our son. What a loving dad. I finally get to see the doctor and she tells me that I'm going to need to take antibiotics, replace meat with more vegetables for two weeks, and get a shot....in my rear. I hate shots! Ian comes back in with Tytus, who is now really unhappy because he's so hungry. So, Ian is trying to console him while giving me a pep talk as they give me the most painful shot ever. (The doctor told me it's the most painful shot they give and it'd probably be sore and hard to walk at first.) After the shot we're all so ready to go. Ian has work to do, Tytus is starving, and I'm in pain and want to get home to take some advil and lay down. So I hobble out to the car s-l-o-w-l-y as Ian carries a hungry, sad, tired Tytus. Whew! We made it back home. Ian got us all settled in before going to pick up the prescriptions for me and some vegetables to add to our diet for the next few weeks. Thank goodness for great dads and loving husbands!


No comments:

Post a Comment